life is hard life is hard

Really bad.
Controls suck. You don't always jump.
I gave up around level 3 when a saw kills you if you don't move instantly.

PewdieBird PewdieBird

A Flappy Bird clone starring Pewdiepie?
Unoriginal, no sound, clearly just ripped from other code.

technerd8007 responds:

This is my first game theres no sound for a reason and I wish the code was ripped because it took me 5 weeks of beginner programming skills to do all that lol

OMGAF Dragon! OMGAF Dragon!

It's barely functional. The random level design has a habit of spawning you in unwinnable insta death situations, the art's ugly (the main character's just a pikachu sprite you colored red and added a second tail to while the dragon looks like it was saved as a low quality jpeg in MS paint before being imported to stencyl) the pause menu brings up the score api BEHIND the pikachu cat thing, the collision detection is broken as I kept going through the sides of blocks constantly, the dragon doesn't seem to hurt you if you touch it (the fireballs never seemed to touch me) and you move and jump too fast for it to be controlled.
Work on your design and art for a while to find a style and gameplay tightness and really look at what other successful programmers and artists do and what people do wrong and adapt your style accordingly.
Keep working on it.

Abobo's Big Adventure Abobo's Big Adventure

Ouch, my save file!

The game was pretty great.

Graphics were great, albeit mostly ripped NES sprites, gameplay was faithful to the NES games they parody and it was pretty damn funny.

Can't find a real fault.
It's short, but it is a flash game.

But my save file randomly got deleted and now I have to beat the game again.

Is there a possible way to make it so it checks the medals you unlocked and unlocks levels based on that?

I know that's possible, but idk if you'll do it/it's a good idea.

Official BBS Awards 2011 Official BBS Awards 2011

You made a fake BBS awards flash...

And it works better than my official BBS awards flash.
Fuck!

Zachary responds:

What it's real

Discount Mayonnaise Discount Mayonnaise

One of the best flash games I've ever played

It controls well, sounds well (music and sfx), looks great, rebindable keys, and I like how when you jump it lags a little for you to crouch.
The only problem is I can't find anything to criticize because it's so perfect.

Console quality art, and it just has all those little "console touches" that make it great (how when you change your hat, all your selectable heads wear that hat too)

Great job!

Joelasticot responds:

Wow, thanks! And yeah, what would be the point of having a spaceman hat if demonface couldn't wear it huh? HUH?

My Favorite reviews (BB) My Favorite reviews (BB)

Oh look!

I'm going to put up shitty reviews and give people unapproved medals for their efforts!

But really now, most of these reviews are pretty much the ones every one gets every day.

The real hilarity is how you REACT in an overly angry "fuck you retarded asshole! ur rong my shit is gret n u suk cuz u no maek flash dummy!" mentality.

AND it proves you find "10" reviews helpful no matter what.

It also shows how poorly you can take criticism.

Anyways, you guys bitched at me for having "stolen graphics" that was just the bbs.

You seem to have gotten the art from the same place I did. (The download style guides page)

The button layout is inconsistent, which is probably a #1 priority in a game like this, with lots of next and back buttons you want to put them in the same spot exactly every frame. (Don't give me bullshit about "I can't the review gets in the way!" then find a way to fix it.)

The font also doesn't go well with the low quality buttons (vector text on bitmap images?) always make sure sprites have coordinates ending in .0 and modify > bitmap > trace bitmap small sprites to make them look cleaner.

My personal favorite reviews that I get are ones that highlight all the little things I put into the flash and pointing out what's wrong, and how I can improve.

Adding medals doesn't make a shit into gold.

And Mikey wonders why he doesn't get approved medals... (Games like these)

BanglaBoy96 responds:

Are people really THIS stupid? These reviews aren't mine! 80% of the reviews are ones I came across in my time on Newgrounds.
Perhaps you didn't read the description or the name of the flash which was reviewed... Sad! Also I didn't "bitch" at you for using stolen graphics in the BBS, I said that it wasn't a good effort for the BBS awards and they put the wrong people in charge of it (I stick by the decision)
I see what you're saying and sure! I can take the critism and thank you for the pointers but seeing how you got 1/2 the wrong impression from this flash is just plain stupidity.
Hope you do replay it and realise what you and I are saying only 1/2 match.

Here's what you need to do...
1: Read what game it is from ok?
2: read the review and author's response
3: Then read my personal comment on it.
Simple!
-BanglaBoy96

Super Morse Code RPG Super Morse Code RPG

Fucking hilarious

One of the best games in the jam. It's probably better than ours...
I loved how you took the 1 button thing and turned it into a bunch of commands with morse code. I admit, it took me a little while to get used to the controls, but this game redefines "1 button games"

Grent responds:

Thanks, man! Although, I will say your game was pretty sweet, too!

Psychosomnium Psychosomnium

????

The gameplay was nice, as was the sound, but... The story... ???? It made no sense, a playthrough can take about 2 minutes if done right, and nothing is ever explained. Did the original guy who made this (Cactus) make this game just to troll us?

Kill Justin Beaver Kill Justin Beaver

Godawful.

I honestly hate this game. Not because I love Bieber (which I don't), but because it cashes in on the childish JB hate. Sure, he's popular, but do we really want him DEAD? The gameplay is also generic and boring.